How big is Baby Castles?

 BabyFruit Ticker

Always so much to do!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

This week was busy as usual! During time that I'm not in class I'm usually in "club" meetings, review sessions, and doing homework. 

This week I was chosen as the Co-Chair for the American Bar Association (ABA) for my class! I had to submit an essay and my resume, and they announced in our "home room" on Monday that I had been chosen! :) We have "home room" in my Torts class every Monday - at the end of class Dean Perrin and Dean Saxer come in to give us announcements for the week (along with any representatives from clubs/etc that have announcements). I also joined the International Justice Mission (which does work in foreign countries on religious prosecution, slavery, oppression, and human trafficking type issues), Legal Waves (a group for law students who will go to some of the sporting events on campus), and the Federalist Society (a group of "conservatives and libertarians interested in the current state of the legal order"). 
I went to a lot of review sessions this week - which are basically class-specific meetings with our Teaching Assistants. We talk about class questions, outlining, and taking exams. I had to start outlining this week, and I think it might be one of the hardest things I've ever done! I'm sure it'll get easier, but it's just something I've never done before. Luckily, the Academic Success Program lets us send our outlines to them and they'll look over them and send them back with comments. 
Next Friday is Family Day for the law school. So, if anyone needs a last minute trip to Malibu, feel free to come out and be my family for the day! Family get to sit in on a class and there will be a Moot Court competition going on. I'm sure there's a lot of other stuff that's planned too - and I'm almost certain Pepperdine will feed you :) 
On Thursday John Ashcroft came to speak at Pepperdine in honor of September 11. The Pepperdine College Republicans set up a memorial that will be up for 7 days. They put up almost 3,000 American flags - one for each person who died on September 11. It's a really impressive memorial, and it must have taken a long time to set up. (Pictures below of John Ashcroft and the memorial). 


1 comments:

Michelle said...

I want in on the family day gig - but next time I need a few more days notice! The memorial is awesome.