How big is Baby Castles?

 BabyFruit Ticker

I survived midterms!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

I now make most of my friends in the library, which shows you just how cool my life has become. Just recently I learned that the library has a stash of supplements (the books we read to understand the other books we read) that not many students know about - but a friend told me where they are and I've been sworn to secrecy. In case you don't know, this is a great find for a law student.  :)


We also have Happy Hour in the library sometimes, which at Pepperdine means they feed us. They bring in a big tub of drinks and food. Last time we had pizza, fritos, nachos and dip, and different kinds of cookies. But if you wanted to get to the pizza, you'd have to be there early because the guys swarm them. 

I finished up with finals this week, which makes me a lucky 1L because my section finished them before we have to start writing open memos for LRW. Open memos are like the memo that I already did, except this time we have to do the research on our own. Since I'm done with midterms I can focus on writing my memos, which will take a lot of time. The students in other sections, who have only taken 2 of 4 midterms, will be doing both at the same time. 

The picture here this week is of one of my outlines so maybe it will make some sense what I do when i "outline." The outline in the picture is a little more complex because it's for civil procedure - so there are color coded tabs by rule and topic and the highlighting is also color coded. 
Speaking of tabs and highlighters, those are my new favorite school supplies and I go through them really quickly. 

"That kid" in my section still talks every single day. He wants to make sure we don't miss out on the fact that he's uncomfortable with the facts of any case I guess. So the other day in Contracts he raised his hand to volunteer to be the person questioned about the case that day and the professor said, "OH! Don't tell me you have a problem with the facts of this case!" It was really funny, and then after class the guy asked the professor if he talks too much in class because now he can hear the other students moan when he raises his hand. haha. 

Today I signed up for a Barbri course. Barbri is the class that I take after law school to remember everything I learned in law school before I take the bar. Since I signed up as a 1L I got to lock in my price at this year's price, which should save me about $500 when I take the course. Plus they gave me more books to read that explain my first year topics! 

Tomorrow afternoon I get my open memo assignment, so the next week will be pretty busy, and tomorrow night we're having "Blue and Orange Madness" with the Legal Waves. It's a big party on the undergraduate campus to kick off basketball season. Then on Saturday night I'm going to Barrister's Ball - which is lovingly known as law school prom. We're going out on a yacht in Marina del Rey, so it should be a lot of fun! :) 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, you're going to prom without me. You better be good :-p. Also, tell "that kid" to shut his mouth during class one day, that would be funny.

Kyle

Anonymous said...

your library happy hour comment brought back some good memories of my Investment Analysis class in graduate school...instead of a classroom we met and had class over pizza and pitchers of Coke and other beverages, which we all thought was very cool until we found out that the prof. owned the property and collected a % of revenues as part of his rent. Is that a conflict of interest? too bad the statute of limitations has probably expired

congrats on getting through mid terms..you're doing great

-keeler

Anonymous said...

Your mom is SO proud of you!!!!!
Love you princess... mom