How big is Baby Castles?

 BabyFruit Ticker

First Semester Grades

Friday, January 16, 2009

You may have noticed I haven't written in a while. After my last post I went into my Graded Memo Week and then into finals, which took up a LOT of time. During finals I studied around 15 hours a day, sometimes more. But after going through that it seems like the workload is much easier than it should be right now (although I'm sure my professors will fix that soon enough)!


As of right now there's nothing big going on with school as far as work goes, but we did get grades back today. We waited 4 weeks for grades and all of the 1Ls get grades at the same time ... after a series of "You're still a good person no matter what your grades look like" speeches. I think the speeches made me more nervous than I was when I came back to school. 

I'm happy to report that my grades were good last semester. 
Legal Research and Writing: A
Property: A
Contracts: A+
Torts: A
Civil Procedure: A+
That leaves my overall GPA for the semester at a 3.999. That places me in the top 5% of the class at least, but I don't know exactly where in that percentage. They don't do "official" class rankings until the end of the first year. Either way, that takes some of the pressure off. Law school tests make everyone nervous because it doesn't matter how well you do on the test itself ... it matters how you do in comparison to everyone else. So there's not a lot of accurate prediction that can be done, especially first semester! 

I had a good Christmas at home, and it was nice to not think about school at all! I was in Nashville most of the time, but I also spent some time in Tupelo with Kyle. I kept applying for jobs over the break, and I don't have an offer yet, but I'm hoping I will get one soon. It seems like a lot of firms aren't having a 1L program this summer due to the economy. I'm sure something will work out though, and now I'm hoping that my grades might open some doors if any of the firms have something open up. 


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing great! I knew you would!

- Kyle