How big is Baby Castles?

 BabyFruit Ticker

We're Engaged! (and I have a job!)

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm sure most of you have heard by now, but on March 16 Kyle and I got engaged. I've had several people ask me about the engagement, so I thought I should put up a blog about how everything happened.
Kyle came to visit last week on his spring break (and technically mine, but I had my Appellate Brief to work on). He was visiting L.A. and doing job interviews while he was here. There's this really pretty place at the highest point on campus called the "Heroes Garden," and I waited to take him up there until Monday because I wanted it to be sunny and clear. The garden has a waterfall, stone walls, wooden benches, and pretty flowers ... and it overlooks the campus and the Pacific.

I spent most of the moring working with my partner on our brief, and then that afternoon told Kyle we'd run up to the garden because it was really clear right then. I started getting ready so we could take some cute pictures, and Kyle went in the other room to show the ring to Joan, my roommate. We left and drove up the mountain. When we got to the top I took Kyle out to the furthest edge of the garden. We stood there looking out over the ocean, with Kyle behind me. He started talking about how much he loved me and put his arms around me ... while he talked I could tell he was starting to breath heavy. I started wondering why he was breathing heavy since we drove up instead of walking and thought that was kind of weird :) After making it through his speech he had planned out - with unexpected interruptions from me (who didn't know what was going on) - he said he had a question and when I turned around he was on one knee! When he asked me to marry him I said yes and grabbed the ring from him! Then I realized HE should have the ring to put on my finger, so I handed it back to him!

There were some girls up there by that time, and they took some pictures for us. We spent the next few hours up there talking to family and friends, and taking pictures of ourselves - or trying to - in front of hte pretty scenery.

My ring is perfect. It's exactly what I would have picked out. It's simple and classic. We haven't set a date yet because we're waiting to see how Kyle's job situation works out right now - but he has accepted an assistant coaching position at Claremont College in CA (about an hour away from where I am) for the fall. It's looking like he will be moving to CA in early August.

On the job front, last week was also great. I've been basically harassing the Davidson County (Nashville for those of you not from TN) District Attorney's office for a few months now. I never got a response from them after sending 2 hard copies of my resume, 3 emails, and calling who knows how many times. Finally, they called me back and offered me the job and I took it right then! This was one of the top 2 jobs I wanted for the summer, so I'm very excited. I should get a lot of good experience working there, and it was a blessing to get an offer so late in the semester (and in this bad market). Thank you to everyone who sent me suggestions of attorneys I could apply with. It was a long, stressful process and it's really hard for 1Ls to get jobs right now - so the contacts really helped get my resume out there!

0 comments: