It's been forever since I posted a blog, and a lot has happened. Last semester got busy pretty quickly, which feeds into why I didn't write much. We had a great time during our first semester in our own apartment! We had several dinner and birthday parties with friends at our house, and we had lots of visitors! Dad and Madra visited in September, Kenny and Donna visited in October, and Caitlyn visited for Thanskgiving!
I worked as a research assistant for Professor Caldwell (my trial team coach) and for Paul Fisher (a local mediator). Kyle had his first season as a high school football coach at Pacific Palisades. The team started off a little rough, but they made it into the playoffs and got all the way to the semi-finals (losing in overtime)! The team showed a lot of improvement throughout the season. Kyle must have made quite an impression, because his boss wants him to stay so badly that he's trying to find me a job in Los Angeles!
Of course, we're both hoping to move back to middle Tennessee after I graduate (in May). We spent a lot of time looking at apartments during Christmas break, and we've narrowed it down to the our favorites. We're both still looking for jobs in Nashville if anyone knows of an opening for either of us. Kyle is looking at high schools in the area - he would like to coach/teach history, government, social studies. I am looking for a legal job that involves litigation - the District Attorney, family law, wills and trusts.
Right now, I am taking a one week intensive course called "Psychology of Conflict." It's been a really interesting class so far, but I'm looking forward to my friends coming back for the regular semester (and then I'm hoping to slow down time so I can somehow stay at Pepperdine longer than 4 more months - or possibly finding a way to tack on another year to law school!) I'll be taking Remedies, Corporations, Police Practices, Communication and Conflict, and Cross-Cultural Conflict this semester. For right now, I'm still waiting on 2 grades to be posted from last semester, hoping to maintain my class rank.
Kyle and I had our first Christmas together, and it was wonderful. We both spent about a week searching for gifts to fill up stockings, that were HUGE in our minds. And in the end, we both ended up having to put "spillover" stocking gifts in another bag because the stockings didn't hold nearly as much as we thought they would. We flew home with Zoe, and she did such a good job during all of the traveling and flying (she was even good when she went through security at LAX!)
I hope that all of you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!
And now, as I start my last semester at this wonderful place, I just want to enjoy time with my friends and make as many memories as possible before we're scattered around the country. Pepperdine has been an indescribable experience, and I have made the best friends of my life here. So, here's to making our last few months the greatest ones yet! I love you all.

0 comments:
Post a Comment