How big is Baby Castles?

 BabyFruit Ticker

And then there were three...

Monday, March 3, 2014

Sunday, January 26, 2014

This blog post is being written on January 26, 2014, but it will be posted later since we have a big SECRET!!

We. Are. Pregnant!!

We have been trying for a baby for several months (which has seemed like an eternity at times, though it's not nearly as long as many couples wait).  We have been working with my doctor since December, and we felt like this was our month.

Unfortunately, I received a negative pregnancy test on January 19, and a second negative on January 20. We were disappointed that our plan hadn't worked, but I was convinced that something just wasn't right . . . I had been telling Kyle for days that we were pregnant - I just knew it!

Five days later, on January 24, 2014, I decided to test again, without telling Kyle. He'd been gone all night, working at a basketball game, so he wasn't expecting anything, especially after the first two tests were negative. I showed him the test that night, and he said "Are you serious?" with a big grin on his face.

We went shopping the next day and picked out the first gift for Baby Castles . . . I knew immediately what it had to be. Of course, options are limited anyway when you don't know whether it's a boy or girl, and I keep seeing these adorable "Sophie the Giraffes" everywhere we go. It's a classic "teether" toy, it squeaks, and it's flexible to play with. We also started planning gifts for our parents (now GRANDPARENTS) and ways to surprise them.

As of today, I am 5 weeks pregnant. That means that Baby is the size of an apple seed! Baby is only .13 inches and .04 oz right now, but will almost double in size during the next week! Chromosomes have already determined Baby's hair and eye color, as well as the gender. Baby is already starting to develop major organs: heart, stomach, liver and kidneys, as well as the digestive, circulatory and nervous systems.

I'm currently working on cutting back my caffeine - primarily coffee and tea. So far, my symptoms have not been bad at all. I've been a little more tired than usual, though. We will schedule our first prenatal appointment and ultrasound tomorrow when the doctor's office opens.

We are so excited to welcome this little one to the world, and he or she is already so loved and wanted by both our families! I hope you enjoy these blog posts over the next several months. Check back here to stay updated on my pregnancy and Baby Castles' progress!


0 comments: