Thursday, February 6, 2014
Today Kyle and I both took off work so we could go to our first ultrasound and prenatal visit. We were scheduled for 1:00, and they got us in early. The ultrasound didn’t take long, but it was all good news. The ultrasound tech only saw one baby, and we could see the heartbeat on the screen! We are officially 6 weeks and 6 days today.
We had our first prenatal appointment with the NP in our doctor’s office. She was very nice, and I had a good report on everything health wise. We can either see the NP until our last month and then switch over to the doctor, or we can ask to see the doctor the whole time. We agreed to see the NP the first time so we could get an early appointment, but we may end up asking to switch over to the doctor so we will be with the same person the whole process.
Our next appointment is scheduled for March 6! At that point, we will be able to hear Baby Castles’ heartbeat!
After we had our appointment, we went straight to Walgreen's to print out copies of our ultrasound pictures. Then, we headed to Dad’s farm to get there early. We had planned to have Kyle’s birthday dinner with Dad that night, but that was really just a cover to give him the big news. We weren’t planning on getting there until around 5:00, but Dad invited some friends over for dinner since he thought it was just a birthday celebration. That meant we had to hurry up and beat everyone else there. We got there and told Dad that I had a Valentine that I wanted him to open before anyone else got there. He bought it and was completely surprised!
We planned to give each of our parents a present when we announced the pregnancy. For those of you who don’t know, my Dad wrote in a journal to me every day for 1 year before I got married. So, I bought Dad a matching journal, and I taped the ultrasound picture on the front page. It said “Someone to write to or about…”, and we included a poem that was also inside our other parents’ cards. We also gave Dad a baby Nashville Predators’ jersey.
After dinner with Dad, we went to Mom’s house to tell her and Ronnie. I told Mom the same thing - that I had something to give her for Valentine’s Day. Well, she didn’t buy that, and she expected that we were about to announce we were pregnant. Even though we didn’t really surprise her, they were both really excited!
We gave Mom a onesie with an acorn that says “I’m nuts about grandma!” and a bib that says “I love grandma”. If you know anything about my Mom, you know that she loves to coupon, so we also gave her a sales paper and told her she needed to start clipping coupons for diapers and wipes! We gave Ronnie a grilling apron that says “Stand Back, Grandpa’s Grilling!”
Because Mom suspected this announcement was coming, she had a surprise - Baby's first official gift!
The Making of Grandparents - Part 1
Monday, March 3, 2014
Posted by Kyle & Lauren Castles at 8:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment